Vaping Detection Solutions
Vaping is now a youth epidemic in America, according to a declaration by the U.S. Surgeon General.
Vaping by U.S. teenagers has reached epidemic levels, threatening to hook a new generation of young people on nicotine and e-cigarettes.
As school administrators, educators, and parents, you want nothing more than for your kids to instantly feel safe at school, have a positive learning environment, and to avoid distractions from trends like vaping.
Like most educators we talk with, we’re sure it’s part of your district’s plan to do your best in deterring and detecting vaping, as well as educating students on its harmful effects. But much like the harmful effects of vaping won’t go away any time soon, we promise that vaping challenges won’t go away either.
We also promise that our vaping detection technology will help you alleviate many of the struggles your school district is having in combating this epidemic.
Here’s seven eye-opening statistics from ClearWay Minnesota, a nonprofit seeking to improve the health of Minnesotans by reducing tobacco use and exposure.
- E-cigarette and vaping usage by high school students increased 78% from 2017 to 2018.
- Minnesota teen tobacco use is up for the first time in 17 years.
70% of teens say they use e-cigarettes because “they come in flavors I like”.
- There are more than 15,000 tobacco flavors of e-cigarette’s designed to entice teens.
- E-cigs almost always contain nicotine (though some e-cigarettes claim to be nicotine-free) and nicotine harms parts of the adolescent brain that control attention, learning, mood and impulse control.
- E-cigarette’s (AKA, vapes, JUULs, vape pens, e-hookahs) can contain as much addictive nicotine as 20 cigarettes.
- Nicotine in e-cigarettes can lead to addiction and harm brain development in children and young adults into their early 20’s.
At Parallel Technologies we’re passionate about helping school officials and educators give students a safe, positive learning environment while avoiding distractions from vaping challenges.
It has never been more important to deliver reliable, high quality, and cost-effective vaping detection and building automation solutions to our school systems.
The detection technology and sensors from Parallel Technologies work in conjunction to detect vaping, THC chemicals, and even loud noises that result from bullying and fighting.
The vaping detection solution integrates into your school’s existing building automation system, offers data analytics, seamlessly notify administrators, and can be maximized for the rooms inside your school(s).
Parallel Technologies has been helping schools and businesses with building automation technology, including vaping detection, for more than 20 years.